Forumsregeln
Bitte hier nur Beiträge posten, die den Malibu-Van betreffen
Antworten
Dermot2108
Basisfahrzeug: Ducato MJ2 150
Modellbeschreibung: Malibu 640 Le

van security

Ungelesener Beitrag von Dermot2108 » Samstag 13. April 2019, 22:47

I'm sorry but this post is in English as I have no German!
Recently on a small trip my camper a 640le was broken into at a place we stop at Bunratty Castle Co Limerick Ireland. We found out later we were out of range of their CCTV.
The thief forced the back window outwards which broke all three swivel plastic latches. Luckily for us nothing was stolen and €47 was the outlay to replace the latches and window stays.
I have thought of fitting an alarm, but the damage is done when the alarm goes off. I had my bike rack on at the time, but I now believe a child with assistance enter the van as that is all the space that this allowed.
Has anyone else had similar experiences? What action did you take to prevent similar break in?
Can a bar be fitted through the window horizontal to prevent entry. any Ideas?

Regards
dermot
My first post..and love the forum
Seachild
Basisfahrzeug: X290 MJ 180
Modellbeschreibung: Malibu 600 DB2

Re: van security

Ungelesener Beitrag von Seachild » Sonntag 14. April 2019, 11:54

Anybody who wants will find a way to enter the van through the windows or through the hatches on top. By utilizing HeoSafe additional locks it is more difficult for the thief to get out of the car in case the owner comes back. Especially on a crowded parking lot the thief does not know who of the people is the owner coming back. So he must be able to vanish quickly, which is not possible by using the broken windows.
If your van is parked at a non frequented space it is less safe.
An alarm system will not help. First, the window is already broken, when the alarm occurs and secondly nobody will take are of the alarm because too many false alarm occur in public.
Grüße aus Oberfranken (Forchheim)
Jürgen
Dermot2108

Ungelesener Beitrag von Dermot2108 » Donnerstag 18. April 2019, 20:18

Hi Seachild
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, about your suggestions. I have looked at the Hoesafe locks, and may fit the ones on the driver and passenger doors and they look neat. The one photo on their site on the sliding door is in my opinion unsightly.
Thank for the info on Hoesafe
regards from Ireland
dermot
UKMalibuLHD
Basisfahrzeug: Ducato X290 MJ 150
Modellbeschreibung: Malibu 640 LE

Ungelesener Beitrag von UKMalibuLHD » Freitag 19. April 2019, 01:06

Dermot2108 hat geschrieben:
Samstag 13. April 2019, 22:47
I'm sorry but this post is in English as I have no German!
Recently on a small trip my camper a 640le was broken into at a place we stop at Bunratty Castle Co Limerick Ireland. We found out later we were out of range of their CCTV.
The thief forced the back window outwards which broke all three swivel plastic latches. Luckily for us nothing was stolen and €47 was the outlay to replace the latches and window stays.
I have thought of fitting an alarm, but the damage is done when the alarm goes off. I had my bike rack on at the time, but I now believe a child with assistance enter the van as that is all the space that this allowed.
Has anyone else had similar experiences? What action did you take to prevent similar break in?
Can a bar be fitted through the window horizontal to prevent entry. any Ideas?

Regards
dermot
My first post..and love the forum
Hi Dermot, sorry to hear that happened to you especially somewhere you'd expect to be safe. I haven't installed this but is worth considering-

Josh

Hallo Dermot, traurig, zu hören, dass das Ihnen besonders irgendwo geschah, das Sie erwarten würden, sicher zu sein. Ich habe dies nicht installiert, aber es lohnt sich zu überlegen.

translated by DeepL
Dermot2108

Ungelesener Beitrag von Dermot2108 » Freitag 19. April 2019, 17:21

Hi Josh
Defiantly worth considering, very neat and dare I say attractive, could even make a Malibu even more appealing...
;-)
Regards and thanks for the help
Dermot
Antworten

Zurück zu „Fragen zur Technik (nur zu Malibu-Van)“